Friday, April 24, 2009

Home Survival Suit Drill




Since spring officially came Sunday according to my husband. (he does know a thing or two about weather out here, really!) He uncovered his big skiff with the big manly outboards (twin 150s) and started to go fishing. He didn't catch anything "worth bringing home" I don't even think he cares, he just loves being on the water. I guess that's good as it's pretty much his life, except for some raquetball and teasing the 4 of us at home and Alena too...he loves to give her grief!
He runs a boat and is quite irritable if he can't sport fish when home. Soooo he also pulled out his survival suit and did a drill, he's able to unroll and don his suit in 33 seconds. I'm glad he's fast, hopefully he'll never need that skill, but he's got it done nonetheless.

7 comments:

  1. That suit looks too big for him? when he bought it did he think he was going to fill out? When your that old you only fill out Troy...not up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. the moose sleeps with his on the foot of his bunk lol! I was like dude you have this whole room move it. he says no i wanna be able to find it with out my contacts in the middle of the night. ~~ Boat guys are special! ~~ hey how is Jr doing at the games heard anything yet??

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUP! He has one handy on the big boat too. This one is just for the skiff LOL.
    He's the same way, I want to know that it's close!
    Jr is done; I watched him and PT carry ET on the web cam, that was so cool. He said he did well for his 1st time, but didn't place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time Scott sails...I ask him "do you know where your survival suit is AND does it still fit?" I'm sure he's sick of hearing that...but I have to ask EVERY TIME. I watched the news last night and during the NYO coverage, I scanned the background looking for Jr., but didn't see him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 33 seconds that is fast wow glad he is that quick I pray he never has to use that suit. They do look like red gumby suits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought the same thing - red gumby! 33 seconds - well, that's great - faster than anyone I've seen on DC - LOL!

    ReplyDelete