Saturday, May 30, 2009

Long Sad Day




Are teens way too addicted to texting? Are their mothers? Are their mother's friends?? (I forgot my phone in the car!) I thought I'd lost it!!


Our Landlord Max was there too. Used to be the PE teacher in Unalaska.

I'm not a good enough writer to even begin to touch on what today was like. I'm not going to try...it was one of the saddest things we've ever been to, there were MANY people in attendance and a good amount from Unalaska or former Unalaskans. Several people spoke of Taylar, our own TP got up and reminded everyone that WE had him for 13 years in Unalaska, we all loved him & consider him ours. She told of a couple favorite memories of Taylor.
We snapped a couple pictures at the gathering afterward:

4 comments:

  1. I am Proud you and the kids made it through!! You really do have some awesomely fabulous kids there CD! (And You are Not so Bad Yourself)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad but I am glad you were all able to be there and to share those memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so sad when a young person passes on it just seems that it was too early for them. Glad you and your family were able to share in the memories of a life cut short. Somehow being able to share stories of the person and their life seem to help. Your kids look great as we all know our CD does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very sad to hear of your loss. These are the toughest funnerals to attend as we often struggle as to why a child's lif is cut short. Glad you were there to share the memories and support the family.

    ReplyDelete